Added 18th May 2005
Message from Tony:
Below are a few of the things I'm currently doing.
- I'm writing a new book, "The Worst Children's Jobs in History", which will be published in September to coincide with the transmission of the second series of "The Worst Jobs in History" on Channel 4. There will also be a "Worst Jobs Christmas Special"
- A new Time Team DVD will be released in the autumn called "Time Team Digs Your Garden".
- The eight-day live televised archaeological event provisionally titled "The Big Roman Dig" will be screened from July 2nd to July 9th. It will be the biggest, most expensive, most complex and hopefully the best series of archaeological programmes ever shown on British TV!
- I received an Honorary Doctorate from the Open University on April 30th, and am getting another from the University of Exeter in July.
- We are in the process of making another 13 part series of Time Team. Two shows have so far been completed. We are also making documentaries on Colchester's Roman Circus, the nineteenth century architect Pugin who designed the interiors of Birmingham Catholic Cathedral, Alton Towers and the Houses of Parliament, a programme of Lincolnshire Fens, and one that's so hush-hush I'm not allowed to tell you anything about it!
PS When Canadian History Channel recently showed "The Real Da Vinci Code", it was the station's highest rated programme ever! Isn't that great!